The 25 Greatest Video Games of All Time!!

It’s been a long time coming, for months and months I have conducted a survey (or poll, or whatever you want to call it) across the internet asking people what their favorite video games of all time are. This list is the final product of months and months of surveying.

And what a perfect way to celebrate this website’s third anniversary with what has been the biggest endeavor thus far in this website’s history.

And if you have a problem with the list,  well that’s really too bad. This list represents the collective opinions of many, many people (not really my own) and if you don’t like it, I suggest you write your own list or conduct your own survey.

And now, without further ado, the 25 Greatest Video Games of All Time, as chosen by YOU.

11 comments so far

Good list, bub. I played most of those games and have no issues with their spot (not that it would matter if I did). Most of my choices didn’t make the cut but that’s how the cookie crumbles sometimes. I am a little sad with the lack of representation of old school NES games though (other than Mario games). I’m also disappointed that no fighting games made it. Oh well… like you said, this was chosen by the people so it’s gravy. Thanks for taking the time to do this.

PS – Super Mario 3 is still the best Mario game and one of the best overall games ever made. I just spent a couple hours the other week playing it through. P-Wing, baby!

Angelico
April 6th, 2011 at 6:01 pm

this list has a lot of Mario….kind of iffy that there are so many games from the same series…(Metal Gear Solid, Mario) but I’m way happier with this list than I thought I would be… totally expected a bunch of Call of Duty n Gears of War type stuff to own the list…. great job… good read… glad Zelda made the list a couple times

Uglypinkmoose
April 9th, 2011 at 5:08 pm

Considering that Mario (and to a lesser extent, Zelda and Metal Gear) have had so many games in their series, many of which sell millions of copies and get great reviews, it shouldn’t be too surprising that they’re consistently popular.

Yams
April 9th, 2011 at 5:36 pm

Lol, what a coincidence O_O
I made a video last year, a tribute to SMW in which i said “Only Ocarina of Time is greater than this game”.
I foretold the future =)))

snes_vs_ps1
April 11th, 2011 at 1:25 pm

I think its fair to say bioshock deserves a place on this list.. totally original game with an amazing storyline. also too much mario.

evan
September 5th, 2011 at 2:04 pm

Two things.

1: The list was voted on by people on Twitter, YouTube, GameSpot, and other such places. It was a majority vote, you can’t really argue with what “should have” been there (a few of my own favorites aren’t even on here).

2: Too much Mario? The series still produces multi-million selling, critically heralded titles more than 25 years down the road. I think it’s fair to say the series’ longevity in popularity and acclaim warrant a multiple entries.

If Bioshock is a personal favorite of yours, that’s all good and fine. You can have your favorites, but you can’t really argue what the majority of opinions voted on.

Yams
September 5th, 2011 at 2:35 pm

I agree with that list 25 best video games.
Thanks

ARMI
March 16th, 2012 at 10:04 pm

very good list Yams,i think ocarina of time,really deservit,i am sad megaman didnt make it,but oh well…good list,amazing games

OmegaEW
April 7th, 2012 at 12:47 am

If I had any real say-so in the list, Mega Man would have found a spot in there. The list was based off of a poll (or survey, or whatever you want to call it) over the course of several months. A “people’s choice” kind of thing. I wrote the descriptions for each entry, but the compiling of the list was based solely on the various opinions of people on the internet.

Yams
April 7th, 2012 at 1:30 pm

I literally giggled with excitement when I saw Ocarina of Time as #1. That definitely deserved the title. I was a little surprised not to see any Elder Scrolls or COD. (I know you didn’t necessarily make the list, not complaining, just surprised.) But all in all, great list. Before I read the comments, though, I thought, “This guy really likes Mario…” But now I’m just thinking, “Do this many people still play Mario?” Again, great list, very accurate, informative.

RIlz'
June 28th, 2012 at 4:00 pm

I’m sad because sonic the hedgehoh wasn’t on the list.He is my number 1 caracter but i’m happy because you put super mario bros on the list.Mario is my 2nd favourite gaming caracter.

Danijel